More than just a buzz word @ AAA!
AAA recycles and has been green since 1927. After all, nothing is “greener” than using existing materials for events! AAA takes a strong stance on doing everything possible to care for the environment. Whether recycling steel or renting reusable equipment, AAA is there.
- Rental companies are by nature “green,” eco-friendly companies, because they reuse the same equipment.
- In addition to being “the right thing to do,” sustainability efforts also save rental companies money, which in turn saves customers money.
- Going “green” is not an opportunity for AAA to jump on the “green bandwagon,” but a chance to give environmentally-conscious customers a “green” choice for equipment rental.
- AAA plans to audit the amount of waste created, examine what the large contributors are and then address them to further environmentally-friendly operations.
- Energy saving/high-efficiency lighting
- Motion sensors to save light energy
- Energy-conserving vending machines that only turn on when someone is around
- Company culture of turning off lights in unused rooms
- Energy star appliances to reduce energy consumption
- Efficient cleaning process to prevent water waste and redundant cleanings
- Proper use of water-efficient chair and tent washing equipment
- Multiple basin sewage treatment to protect our local waterways
- Significant recycling efforts such as creating notepads out of old contracts
- Proper recycling of paper materials, ink cartridges and toner
- Encourage e-mail exchange of contracts to prevent paper waste
- Accounts often settled over the phone, saving paper previously used for bills and reducing postal vehicle emissions
- Encourage use of the Web site over printed signage and information
- Encourage linen rental over purchasing disposables
- Bi-annual warehouse sales of old equipment, rather than throwing items away
- Use of paper and supplies made from recycled material
- Recycling steel
- Provide recycling stations at work and events
- Keeping equipment in great condition through maintenance, no need to sell or replace
- Planned routes and a “No Idling” policy prevent unnecessary emissions
- Using local vendors to cut down on transportation pollution
- Keeping trucks well maintained and environmentally sound